Business, Non-Profit & Craft Exhibitors – Summerset Festival 2018
Summerset Festival is a popular local community celebration, presented by the Foothills Foundation. Now in it’s 34th year, the primary purpose of Summerset Festival is to help raise much needed funds for South Jeffco park & rec area improvement projects like adding trees and other beautification projects. Further, it has developed into a great tradition of bringing the community together in a fun way to celebrate our local businesses and neighbors as the summer comes to a close.
Summerset typically draws a large family audience of over 15,000 – 25,000 festival-goers each year. 2018, similar to 2017, will be a single-day event featuring arts and crafts, business and non-profit exhibitors, car show, entertainment, family activities, and a great selection of food and entertainment. Summerset Festival is promoted throughout the Denver metro area through local newspapers, small businesses, homeowners associations, civic and church groups, online (thefoothillsfoundation.org and summersetfest.com) and through social media.
Summerset Festival is held each year at Clement Park – located near Wadsworth Blvd. and Bowles Avenue in south Jefferson County. As one of the premier parks in the South Jeffco area, Clement provides many opportunities for family recreation; including picnic shelters, playgrounds, athletic fields, and a community amphitheater.
Important Exhibitor Booth Information – no change in 2018
Each exhibitor will be assigned a 10’ x 10’ space on grass. Spaces are pre-assigned – FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Exhibitors are expected to provide their own display tables, chairs, booths, canopies, trash receptacle, etc. If you need to rent a tent, table and chairs, we recommend you contact Party Time Rentals at 303-935-4545. Power is available on request for a surcharge of $25 and can be pre-ordered during your online booth registration; generator use requires prior approval and must meet our safety and noise guidelines. In our continuing effort to create an attractive exhibitor area, we require a sturdy 10’ x 10’ canopy – plastic tarps or handmade canopy’s are restricted. Booth overflow is not permitted.
Applications will be reviewed by the Summerset Festival committee within 1 – 2 weeks of receipt. Exhibitor should provide at least three (3) photos of their work. Photos will be reviewed for compliance with exhibitor requirements and may be spot-checked during the event to ensure accurate representation of your products are being sold. Violations of these requirements may result in eviction without refund.We will notify you by email of acceptance and any additional information needed. Categories fill quickly – FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Contact us immediately if you must cancel after you have applied; no-shows will not receive refunds and may be restricted from future festivals.
Due to insurance requirements for the event, each exhibitor must obtain general liability insurance of no less than $1,000,000, naming the Foothills Foundation as an additional insured and provide a certificate of insurance stating such.
Consumables (food and drink) are limited to Food Vendors. No food sales will be allowed without prior approval from the Business/Non-Profit Booth Committee and the Jefferson County Health Department. Beverage giveaways or sales are not permitted! We have beverage sponsorship agreements that we must honor. For consideration, please contact us at our event email.
Check-In > Set-up > Tear-Down
Exhibitors are encouraged to check-in and begin setting up their booth on Saturday morning as early as 10:00am; event opens at 11:00am. Please provide your own handcarts to transport your materials to your booth location; Summerset Festival does not have transportation or handcarts. Vehicles are restricted on the grass area.
Art/Craft Exhibitor Eligibility
Summerset Festival requires that all art/craft works must be the original creation of the artist. Exhibitor must be present during the entire event. Restrictions items/ products/ services include:
- Import items
- Merchandise mart items
- Unauthorized reproductions of original art
- Ready-made kits, franchised items and retail merchandise for resale
Summerset Festival managers will request that exhibitor provide at least three (3) photos of their work. Photos will be reviewed for compliance with art/craft exhibitor requirements and may be spot-checked during the event to ensure accurate representation of your crafts and works of art. Violations of these requirements may result in eviction without refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is booth sharing allowed? A: Booth space may be shared if both exhibitors are accepted; please submit your application jointly, accurately representing each artisan and include photos as requested.
- Q: What is your weather policy? A: Come prepared! Colorado weather can change quickly. Come prepared to enjoy the heat & sunshine, and be prepared for rain, wind and cooler temperatures. IT IS VITAL THAT THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND ON-SITE CELL NUMBER THAT IS PROVIDED IN YOUR EXHIBITOR APPLICATION IS CORRECT AND CURRENT. IN THE EVENT THERE ARE WEATHER-RELATED DELAYS OR OTHER INFO THAT WE MUST COMMUNICATE TO YOU, THE PERSON LISTED IN YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE THE ONE TO BE CONTACTED.
- Q: What is your refund policy? A: No refunds will be given due to inclement weather. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after Wednesday, September 13. We understand things come up and will try to accommodate reasonable refund requests, less a $25 processing fee.
- Q: How is sales tax handled during the event? A: It is the Exhibitor’s responsibility to collect and submit the appropriate sales taxes to state and federal agencies in accordance with your business or organization. For tax information, go to www.revenue.state.co.us.
- Q: Why should a business participate as an exhibitor? A: Summerset Festival is an excellent opportunity to showcase a new or local business to our community and to network with other local business owners. Businesses may distribute free information advertising their services, collect client information and offer pre-approved products for sale.
- Q: Why should a non-profit organization participate as an exhibitor? A: Summerset Festival provides a venue for local and regional non-profit organizations to educate the community and raise funds. Non-profit groups such as schools, churches and clubs may use their booth for fund-raising or by selling pre-approved products for sale. They may also distribute information regarding the educational qualities of their organization.
- Q: Are competing exhibitors/ booths allowed? A: We support all of our local business and will try to accommodate similar/ competing business in a reasonable manner. But, similar or competing businesses may be limited. More than one business under the same franchise or corporate name may be allowed.
- Still have questions? Please contact us at our event email.